- Get familiar with the software. All this takes is practice with a dummy account and using play money. Get into actual investing once you gain confidence.
- Cut the emotion out of investing. Most small investors do their research on a couple of stocks and hope to make money out of them. When their call goes wrong they keep waiting for some turnaround...these investors become emotionally invested and keep losing money. The hot Missy Peregrym
- The misleading "buy low sell high" terminology has cost many online invetors their hard earned money. The better way is to always buy strong stocks in a bear market and sell in a bull market.
- Don't buy and forget is one of the common sense tips. Keep tracking the share, company news, and the market trends.
- Look for safety of your money first — don't dream of making high returns
- Diversify. Some of your investing money should be in bonds and mutual funds. Don't put more than 10 percent of your cash in a single stock.
Saturday, January 26, 2013
You save a lot of money when you buy and sell shares using your computer from home. No hefty fees to a broker and just minimal charges for using an online brokerage platform. But there are some disadvantages to online investing: competing against seasoned traders, inability to do extensive research, inability to do timely research, being the last to get information, and a lack of funds. There are some tips for online investing to keep your investments safe: